More and more people are beginning to understand the staggering implications of the war on religious liberty. It has united all of the Catholic bishops, together with leaders of other religions and other people of good will who simply want to preserve and protect the constitution.
This is not a war we started or want, but it will not end until the unprecedented attack on our basic freedom is neutered, one way or another. President Obama’s mandate is carefully crafted to protect everyone except Christian ministries. He could literally end this tomorrow if he so wished.
Face the Nation
On April 9th, Cardinal Dolan appeared on Face the Nation:
Archbishop Robert Carlson (Archdiocese of St. Louis) spoke at the Rally for Religious Liberty in Missouri on March 27th. Check-out this brief clip:
On April 26th, Kathleen Sebelius testified before a congressional hearing on the “balance” she used against religious liberty. This video starts out a little slow, but things pick-up after 2 minutes:
The Newark, NJ Newman Center produced this video on Religious Liberty:
Here is a good sampling of the new articles written on this topic in the last few weeks:
- A True Champion of Religious Freedom
- Alabama stands for religious liberty
- Authority and Its Discontents
- Becket Fund Fires Back at Administration’s Attempt to Dismiss HHS Mandate Lawsuit
- Bishops Issue Call To Action To Defend Religious Liberty
- Bishops urge rejection of laws that attack religious freedom
- Bp. Jenky (D. Peoria) unloads about “Judas” Catholics and Pres. Obama
- Cardinal Burke explains: Catholic employers cannot provide contraceptive coverage because they would be materially and formally cooperating with sin
- Cardinal Raymond Burke Discussing Religious Freedom
- Catholic Cardinal: A Sin to Cooperate With Obama Mandate
- Catholic Clergy Continue to Speak Out Against HHS Mandate
- Catholics urged to resist unjust laws, join in ‘fortnight for freedom’
- Congress to Sebelius: “This mandate is going to end up in the Supreme Court”
- Democrat candidates in Connecticut favor forcing Catholic hospitals to perform abortions
- Don’t Be Tricked by the Lowest Teen Birthrate Ever
- Flash! Bishops Love Bloggers!
- Fortnight For Freedom-Input Wanted!
- Good piece by Catholic League on links between Obamacare, HHS mandate, and ACLU
- HHS Mandate Remains Unchanged
- HHS hire of Planned Parenthood spokesman reflects close relationship
- Hey Bishops: Offer to fund NFP for Mandate!
- In 2008, Who Could’ve Predicted This?
- Is the Health Care Law Constitutional? No, Strike It Down
- Justice Served to Obama
- Miami archbishop laments pressures against religious liberty
- Obama Misunderstands
- Obama’s Monumental Misunderstanding
- Old Contraception Talk Given Youthful Jolt
- On Hope and Hate: Week One of Obama v. Romney
- Our First, Most Cherished Liberty
- Peoria bishop’s Hitler, Stalin references in homily stir controversy
- Pope asks US donors to pray for religious freedom
- Pres. Obama undermining free-speech
- Proposed Law Would Force Churches to Host Gay Weddings
- Religious liberty: Why a battle 1,700 years ago is relevant today
- Salvatori Prize Goes to Advocate of Religious Liberty
- Sick Chickens and Sick Laws
- US Bishops: Bloggers play ‘critical role’ in defending the Church
- US Bishops Call for Summer “Fortnight for Freedom”
- USCCB appeals ruling that Constitution forbids religious accommodation
- Why Religious Freedom?
- Why We Have Gone to Court against the Obama Mandate
- Xavier Drops Contraceptive Coverage!
- Yes, Congresswoman Pelosi, We’re Serious
- Young Catholic women try to modernize the message on birth control